BUG mailboxaliases plugin not working with subfolders

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Sun Dec 30 16:59:39 EET 2018

The mailboxalias plugin is not working when subfolders are created,
rendering its use quite useless.

It should work of course something like this. (then I would be able eg.
to put my archive mailboxes on different storage, by just creating one
symlink on archive (get it??;))

If there is a new mailbox created
And in its path there is a folder/path configured in aliases plugin
Get the original folder location of that symlink
Create a new file with the original name + new subfolder name, in the
same location as the parent
And then create a symlink to that created file with

Thus not this

  mailbox_alias_old8 = Archive
  mailbox_alias_new8 = Archived messages

-rw------- 1 xxx xxx    0 Dec 30 15:36 .Archive
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx xxx    8 Dec 30 15:36 .Archived messages -> .Archive
-rw------- 1 xxx xxx    0 Dec 30 15:40 .Archived messages.am-test

But this:

-rw------- 1 xxx xxx    0 Dec 30 15:36 .Archive
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx xxx    8 Dec 30 15:36 .Archived messages -> .Archive
-rw------- 1 xxx xxx    0 Dec 30 15:40 .Archive.am-test
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx xxx    8 Dec 30 15:36 .Archived messages.am-test ->
.Archive.am-test

And then if you fix this, you might aswell take this into account.
Thus in case I already have a symlink on .Archive

-rw------- 1 xxx xxx    0 Dec 30 15:36 .Archive ->
/home/mail-archive/userx/.Archive
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx xxx    8 Dec 30 15:36 .Archived messages ->
/home/mail-archive/userx/.Archive
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xxx xxx    8 Dec 30 15:36 .Archived messages.am-test ->
/home/mail-archive/userx/.Archive.am-test

Then your mailboxaliases plugin starts to make sense a bit, now it is
not consistent in its naming and is only creating a mess.