Migration

Ignacio García yo at ignasi.com
Mon Dec 31 12:22:48 EET 2018

A totally different approach (that is imap-server agnostic), providing
that you're setting up those new accounts with temporary passwords
(which you know), before users change their passwords to their liking:
you could also use imapsync ( https://github.com/imapsync/imapsync) . We
here use it with a batch file and a text file containing all accounts to
do mass-migrations, usually at night, when there's little to none user
interaction with their mail accounts. I like this approach because mail
service never gets interrupted and we do programmed syncs all night in
case DNS propagation takes more than expected and mail still arrives to
the old server.

Ignacio