Cannot delete IMAP Mail-Folder in Trash

Gabriel Kaufmann mailings at typoworx.com
Wed Feb 7 12:14:56 EET 2018

Hello,

the folders exist physically in vmail-storage on filesystem for the
given Mailbox\MailDir\Trash. I already tried to refresh subscription
using IMAP on Thunderbird. Is there any other way using CLI and dovecot
to (re-)check subscriptions or do some kind of rescan?

Trying to delete the physically (in file-system on server) existing
folders using IMAP always complains that the folder is not empty. In
fact some of these folders also had sub-folders in IMAP before being
deleted into Trash. In Filesystem these sub-folders also exist
physically! But in trash they are not shown anymore - only their
parent-folder without those children.

I'm using "layout=fs" option (physical folder/sub-folder and not MBOX
like "folder.sub-folder.sub-sub-folder". It feels like Trash is ignoring
this layout. I didn't figure out there is any option that is required to
configure trash (separately from Mailbox-Namespace in dovecot) to
recognise this.

Best regards

Gabriel Kaufmann