Cannot delete IMAP Mail-Folder in Trash

Jakobus Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Feb 7 18:47:41 EET 2018

I have the same Problem with thunderbird on Linux.

It looks like thunderbirds imap-implementation is a little bit broken.
Even if thunderbird tried once to get a mailbox, it persists in the profile.

I have FS-Layout in dovecot. Thunderbird somtimes try to get a
submailbox with INBOX/firstlevel^secondlevel^thirdlevel

Then it doesn't find this mailbox on the server (for sure, it's
INBOX/firstlevel/secondlevel/thirdlevel) tb tries to get next

INBOX/firstlevel^^secondlevel^^thirdlevel

and then INBOX/firstlevel^^^^secondlevel^^^^thirdlevel and so on. And on
each first login, tb tries to get all of them again and again...

Go to $TB-profilefolder/ImapMail/ and delete all of the *.msf files and
search for the wrong mailboxes, described above... you will finde them.

And they are probably also in some config-files in the profile.
user.prefs i think, and panacea.dat i could find them.

Delete all of the entries (be careful). Close and restart firefox. Good
look, the phantom-folders are gone.

jakob