New mail notification

Matthew Allen memecode at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 05:01:12 EET 2018

 Hi,

So I'm running dovecot 1.2.17 on Mac OSX using maildir in ~/Mail. After
using getmail for a while to download my POP3 email and store it in the
right place it started not working so I replaced it with a python script
that I wrote. All was good for a while and then I stopped getting new mail
notifications in my IMAP client. If I close the connection and restart the
new mail shows up as !seen but no amount of re-selecting the folder will
show the new mail while the connection is active. There is no untagged
InScribe (http://memecode.com/inscribe.php) but I doubt it's client
specific. Seems to be server related.

Now the python script in question just puts the .eml file in ~/Mail/tmp and
then renames it to the ~/Mail/new folder. Does it need to do something else
as well to make the notifications work?

There aren't any error messages in the log. Just normal login history.

If you can point me in the right direction that'd be appreciated.

Regards