Auth SEGV on sparc64, alignment problem?

Chris Ross cross+dovecot at distal.com
Thu Feb 22 05:14:09 EET 2018

  Sadly, that doesn’t help either.  Over the past day, I’ve built and installed a different branch of the OS (stable/11, instead of release/11.1), to see if a new compiler/libc might change things.  Sadly, it does not.

  In the same situation now, auth fails immediately with signal 11.  Running gdb on auth (from build dir, compiled -g -O2) shows something similar.

       - Chris

# gdb work/dovecot-2.2.33.2/src/auth/.libs/auth
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "sparc64-marcel-freebsd"...
(gdb) list
372			/* ask auth master to disconnect us */
373			auth_worker_client_send_shutdown();
374		}
375	}
376
377	int main(int argc, char *argv[])
378	{
379		int c;
380
381		master_service = master_service_init("auth", 0, &argc, &argv, "w");
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/ports/mail/dovecot/work/dovecot-2.2.33.2/src/auth/.libs/auth

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
Cannot remove breakpoints because program is no longer writable.
It might be running in another process.
Further execution is probably impossible.
0x000000004022a380 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000000004022a380 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000000000008 in ?? ()
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)