Removing IMAP ID command

Alex Hautequest hquest at hquest.pro.br
Sat Jan 6 07:07:04 EET 2018

Hello all. Happy 2018!

How can I disable the dovecot IMAP ID command, or hide the product name, so

one does not eyeball what server software I am running (which happens to be

v2.2.33.2)? Please see below for an example:

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE

AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Ready.

* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE

AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN

A001 OK Pre-login capabilities listed, post-login capabilities have more.

* ID ("name" "Dovecot")

A002 OK ID completed.

A003 BAD Error in IMAP command received by server.

* BYE Logging out

A004 OK Logout completed.

It does not seems POP3 advertises itself:

+OK Ready.

+OK

CAPA

TOP