Can Dovecot reject unencrypted mail?

Ryan Beethe ryan at splintermail.com
Wed Jan 10 21:46:19 EET 2018

Hi David,

I don't know how to do what you want with dovecot, but what you are
asking is easy and straightforward with Postfix.

Postfix can easily be configured to feed mail through a milter ("mail
filter") interface.  You would just need to write a milter (there is a
nice python library) that checks if the messages is "encrypted" to your
specifications and tells Postfix to bounce the message if its not.  This
would be a nice backscatter-free solution.

After you have the milter written, you specify it with the
"smtpd_milters" option for Postfix.

Ryan