Managesieve and virtual users

CP secadm2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 13:56:37 EET 2018

On 01/11/2018 12:18 PM, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> On 11.01.2018 12:09, CP wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Can you enable mail_debug=yes in dovecot config and see what Sieve says
>>> for those rules. Also can you provide sieve rules. The sieve rules in
>>> your config file are per-user rules, managesieved does not actually do
>>> sieve processing, but provides ability to manage sieve rules remotely.
>>>
>>> Aki
>> I have already done it but I can't really tell what I 'm supposed to
>> see in the log
>>
>> this is a line for a message without matching rule :
>>
>> Jan 09 23:07:48 lda(xxxx at xxxxxx.xxx): Info: sieve:
>> msgid=<849d7f91-fdd3-4c07-8039-9e00acfefd2e_2961dc3c-f238-4f72-ad8e-02b1c779e6b5 at SYSTEM5.de.local>:
>> stored mail into mailbox 'INBOX'
>>
>> and this with a working rule:
>>
>> Jan 10 01:00:04 lda(xxxx at xxxxxx.xxx): Info: sieve:
>> msgid=<20180109230004.1BC1344773 at xxx.xxxxx.xxx>: stored mail into
>> mailbox 'INBOX/Postfix'
>>
>> both are with lda delivery
>>
>> and with lmtp :
>>
>> Jan 11 01:00:04 lmtp(xxxx at xxxxxx.xxx): Info: QVkQD/SaVloKFQAAyyBr5g:
>> sieve: msgid=<20180110230003.D577A42C77 at xxx.xxxxxx.xxx>: stored mail
>> into mailbox 'INBOX/Postfix'
>> Jan 11 01:00:04 lmtp(5386): Info: Disconnect from local: Successful quit
>>

>> The rule is pretty simple actually :
>>
>> require ["fileinto"];
>> # rule:[Bad]
>> if header :is "subject" "Bad Filename Detected"
>> {
>>          fileinto "INBOX/BAD";
>> stop;
>> }
>> # rule:[postfix]
>> if allof (header :is "subject" "Postfix Dailly logcheck")
>> {
>>          fileinto "INBOX/Postfix";
>> stop;
>> }
>>
>> And this is a sample rule from a v user that doesn't work :
>>
>> require ["fileinto"];
>> # rule:[1]
>> if  header :is "from" "xxx at xxxxxxx.com"
>> {
>>          fileinto "INBOX/9 - 1";
>> }
>>
>> The thing is I expected more verbosity from sieve  . is there some
>> option to
>> to turn more verbose messages on ?
>>

> I cannot see any Debug prefix messages there.
>
> Do you have syslog configured to log debug messages somewhere else? or
> do you need to set debug_log_path if you are not using syslog?
>
> Aki

This is a fresh log , if you can make something out of it,  it seems
that it loads the script alright and then I guess
there is something wrong with the rule itself ?

Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug: sieve: Pigeonhole version
0.4.16 (fed8554) initializing
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug: sieve: include:
sieve_global is not set; it is currently not possible to include
`:global' scripts.
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: file storage: Using active Sieve
script path: /home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.sieve
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: file storage: Using script storage
path: /home/vmail/company/user/sieve
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: file storage: Relative path to sieve
storage in active link: sieve/
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: file storage: Using Sieve script path:
/home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.sieve
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: file script: Opened script `roundcube'
from `/home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.sieve'
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: Using the following location for
user's Sieve script: /home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.sieve
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: Opening script 1 of 1 from
`/home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.sieve'
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: Loading script
/home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.sieve
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: Script binary
/home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.svbin successfully loaded
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: binary save: not saving binary
/home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.svbin, because it is already stored
Jan 11 12:43:42 lmtp(user at company.com): Debug:
SYrVAt4/V1rhUQAAyyBr5g:11: sieve: Executing script from
`/home/vmail/company/user/.dovecot.svbin'

If I'm not asking too much is there a way to manually run the script on
the virtual users mailbox in order to check the rules
without waiting for a message to arrive ?

Thanks anyway !
George