Submission/SMTP proxy server

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Fri Jan 12 21:18:02 EET 2018

Sorry if this seems elementary - but a question on
implementation/usage/purpose of this.  My understanding is at this time
the SMTP proxy server is only that - it does not implement any further
functionality.  So its availability now is purely for testing purposes.
Is that accurate?

I secondly assume that this intended for trusted clients only - so this
is not intended for processing email submitted via port 25.

And thirdly - if a separate firewall/anti-spam/virus/authentication
service is run outside of the MTA (like ASSP) then the Dovecot proxy
should be inserted between that and the final MTA?

--
Daniel