Client Identification

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Fri Jan 12 22:50:09 EET 2018

Am 12.01.2018 um 21:17 schrieb spaceman:
> I have two seperate clients (using fetchmail) on two seperate machines that use the same login and the same ip address as each other fetching their mail over IMAP using IMAP idle. Naturally Dovecot assumes that they are the same machine but they are not so messages only get downloaded to one of the machines rather than both which is what I want. How do I get Dovecot to recognize them as two individual clients so that mail downloads to both of them?
>
> Regards,
> spaceman

fetchmail shouldn be your first choice , better use  or verify with getmail

http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/
https://blog.sys4.de/abholdienst-fur-mail-de.html

however an idea maybe use one imap over 143 and tls
the other one via imaps 993 hopefully this is uniq enough for dovecot

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München