Dovecot 2.3.0 TLS

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:14:43 EET 2018

On 22 January 2018 at 23:10, Matthias Fechner <idefix at fechner.net> wrote:

> Dear Odhiambo,
>
> Am 22.01.2018 um 19:58 schrieb Odhiambo Washington:
>
> ...and I am still unable to successfully compile 2.3RC on FreeBSD 8.4 and
> 9.3
> ....and my reports were ignored, so should I assume support for those has
> been dropped?
>
> Support for FreeBSD 8.4 stopped August 1, 2015.
> Support for FreeBSD 9.3 stopped December 31, 2016
>
> Please see here:
> https://www.freebsd.org/security/unsupported.html
>
> You should really upgrade to current version 10.4 or 11.1.
>
> Gruß
> Matthias
>

> Hello Matthias,

I am running the latest version of Dovecot on FreeBSD 8.4, 9.3 and 11.
I am not really planning to upgrade now, unless I am told that Dovecot
2.3.x will not compile on them. In which case I can let them run the
version they have and forget about 2.3.
Until I hear such from Aki or Timo, I will wait :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,