send specific NDR message for users in certain OU

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon Jan 29 19:53:20 EET 2018

Hi,

The question can perhaps be made more generic like this:

Can dovecot generate a *specific* NDR (or an autoreply) for accounts
that meet a specific criterium, such as:
- user account was found under OU=to-delete,CN=company...
contrary to the regular location CN=Users,CN=company...

We would like to move to-be-deleted users to this container, before
actually deleting them. That gives us an easy way to revert, if the
deletion turns out to be erroneous.

We could do that with via a sieve config for those accounts, but if
dovecot could send a "delivery failure"-type specific for those accounts
(with instructions who to contact to revert the situation) it would be
very easy: only move the user to the specific OU, and have the system do
the rest.

Can this be done?

(dovecot 2.1.17 on wheezy, yes we know we should upgrade, and we also
will, but it runs rock solid...)

MJ