slow mailbox refreshes

Fabian A. Santiago fsantiago at garbage-juice.com
Mon Jul 9 17:37:56 EEST 2018

Hello,

I am using dovecot 2.3.2 on my private email server in conjunction with:

centos 7.5
apache 2.4.6
mariadb 10.2.16
roundcube mail 1.3.6
php 5.6.36
postfix 2.10.1

I have one mailbox with nearly 30k messages in it dispersed across
several folders. it's often very slow in refreshing the message list,
especially in the one largest 25k+ message folder. is this simply to be
expected based on my message count or is there some kind of performance
optimization and tuning i can do to improve the response times?

The mail server itself is a linode hosted VPS:

intel xeon e5-2680 v2 @ 2.80 GHz, 4 cores
8 GB real memory
2 GB virtual memory
200 GB local storage (ext4)
KVM hypervisor

Thanks everyone for any guidance you can offer.

--
Fabian S.

0x643082042DC83E6D94B86C405E3DAA18A1C22D8F (new key)

***

0x3C3FA072ACCB7AC5DB0F723455502B0EEB9070FC (to be retired, still valid)