Authentication failure with OpenLDAP

Anushka Bandara anushkab at opensource.lk
Tue Jul 10 13:32:32 EEST 2018

Hi all,

Thank you all for the help. The was with the ldap user attributes. I
corrected it. Now I am having an error with dovecot. User can log into ldap
but, system doesn't allow user to create user's directory in Maildir. Error
is below,

* Error: User initialization failed: Namespace '':
mkdir(/home/users/"user"/Desktop/Maildir) failed: Permission denied
(euid=1000(myuser) egid=5000(<unknown>) missing +w perm: /home, we're not
in group 100(users), dir owned by 0:100 mode=0775)*
How should I give the permission to overcome this error. This is a dovecot
error. LDAP authentication is successful.
And also, I don't know the default user whom is creating mail directories
for mail users.
I think the problem will be solved if I grant user the permission. But I
don't know how to grant.

Best regards,
Anushka Bandara
Research Engineer,