Dovecot pop3d and imapd problem

John Paul Iglesia paul at tcbc.com.ph
Mon Jul 23 08:20:23 EEST 2018

Hi,

My dovecot version : 2.2.22

Recently, i had issues on dovecot. All packages of dovecot were
installed on my system then suddenly when I checked yesterday the
packages for dovecot-pop3d and dovecot-imapd were no longer on the list
of app installed.

Because of this dovecot service stop running. I checked the apt history
log, term log and even dpkg log, there were no information about
removing the packages. It just shown on my apt list the packages were
not longer there.

I had to reinstalled these 2 packages just to make dovecot run and for
me to be able to receive and send messages.

What do you think is the problem, is it dovecot bug?

Please advise.

Thanks,

paul.tcbc