doveadm who reverse dns lookups

Michael Grant mgrant at grant.org
Wed Jul 25 06:59:41 EEST 2018

Perhaps this is a feature request...

It would be nice if the ‘doveadm who’ command printed out the reverse dns name of where the user was logged in from.

Would it be possible to either add some option to doveadm who for this, or make it the do it by default and add a ‘-n’ option (like many of the other programs that look up ip addresses by default) and take a -n option to not do that?

Not sure if that would break some existing thing which is why I hesitate.  Might be safer to add, say, a -r option to do the rDNS lookup.

However, it would definitely save me a step in figuring out where someone was logged in from to know if it’s legit.

Michael Grant