question about using procmail

Michael Wagner wagner_m_bremen at web.de
Mon Jul 30 15:22:05 EEST 2018

On Jul 30, 2018 um 16:48:13, Joe Wong wrote:
> Hello, I am new to Dovecot, testing the setup with Solr FTS plugin. Currently I
> am using procmail to delivery email into user's mailbox. I am using maildir on
> file system. I found that if email is delivered via procmail, the
> indexer-worker is not being called. But when I move the email between folders
> via IMAP, indexer is involved. Is this expected?

Hello Joe,

I ran in the problem a few weeks ago. You must use dovecot for delivery
in your procmailrc. I have

----------

DELIVER=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

:0
* ^Subject:.*apt-listchanges
| $DELIVER -m apt-listchanges

-m mailbox
Destination  mailbox  (default  is INBOX).  If the mailbox doesn't
exist, it will not be created (unless the lda_mailbox_autocreate setting
is set to yes).  If a message couldn't be saved to the mailbox for any
reason, it's delivered to INBOX instead.

Hth Michael

--
Never test for an error you don't know how to handle.