dovecot 2.3.x, ECC and wildcard certificates, any issues

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 19:16:43 EEST 2018

Hello,

Does dovecot 2.3.x have any issues recognizing or using certificates
that are ECC and wildcard? I'm trying to switch my letsencrypt
implementation from acme-client which does not support either of those
capabilities to acme.sh which does. Since then external clients
checking their email has not worked. A manual telnet to
mail.example.com 993 gives a connected message but then nothing no
greeting or capabilities.

The certificate is for example.com with an alt name of *.example.com
if that's not right let me know, i'm not sure about that one,
connecting to the web sites of these pages seems noticeably slower,
I'm wondering if both of these issues aren't key related?

Thanks.
Dave.