2.3.1 Replication is throwing scary errors

Michael Grimm trashcan at ellael.org
Sat Jun 9 00:06:58 EEST 2018

Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org> wrote:

> First of all: Major improvement by this patch applied to 2.3.1, there are no more hanging processes.

From my point of view: the recent commit from Timo did not only fix those hanging processes ...

> But: I do find quite a number of error messages like:
>
> 	Jun  7 06:34:20 mail dovecot: doveadm: Error: Failed to lock mailbox NAME for dsyncing: \
> 		file_create_locked(/.../USER/mailboxes/NAME/dbox-Mails/.dovecot-box-sync.lock) \
> 		failed: fcntl(/.../USER/mailboxes/NAME/dbox-Mails/.dovecot-box-sync.lock, write-lock, F_SETLKW) \
> 		locking failed: Timed out after 30 seconds (WRITE lock held by pid 79452)

… it fixed it finally!

> These messages are only found at that server which is normally receiving synced messages (because almost all mail is received via the other master due to MX priorities).

No wonder why: It was completely my fault. I had had "mail_replica =" pointing to itself :-( Copying configs from one server to the other without thinking is bad …

Now, after having fixed this stupid configuration mistake, I can report, after some hours, that from my point of view replication is back to its 2.2.x performance!

I do have to apologise for the noise, sorry.

Regards,
Michael