cant login to Dovecot

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:09:01 EEST 2018

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018, Walter Ulmke wrote:

> ... and just want to login using the standard Linux login

Depends on what you which "standard" you mean but I'll just assume
you're using PAM, as suggested by your config.

> auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm rpa apop anonymous

Looks like you did a kitchen sink configuration in hopes something will work,
but it's probably interfering.  Just "plain" and "login" is fine.

> passdb {
>  driver = pam
> }

I don't use PAM, but it looks like you may be a few parameters
short.  Did you install pam/dovecot config?

 	https://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/PAM

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>