upgrade 2.2 to 2.3, diffie-hellman, ssl_min_protocol

tai74 at vfemail.net tai74 at vfemail.net
Fri Jun 22 10:18:03 EEST 2018

hi sorry if question was asked already. Was reading
https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.3

first I'm confused on diffie hellman parameters file. I never set up
ssl-parameters.dat before (should i have? do I have one that was
automatically made for me by dovecot?)

Do I need to make a fresh dh.pem? The upgrade doc tells how to convert
ssl-parameters.dat but how to make a new one?

other question is if I copy ssl_min_protocol from example config into
my existing config is that enough? do experts on this list recommend
any tweaks that increase client requirements more than dovecot
developers are comfortable with but will ensure more secure protocol
usage?