Looking into a solution for Caldav (and possibly carddav) support

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Sat Jun 30 08:13:19 EEST 2018

Hello,

The metadata support in dovecot is now quite stable ( at least i didn't
encountered problems on my servers )

But the metadata is only about marking the folders ( you can mark a
folder as "calendar" or "contact").

caldav/carddav are based on webdav protocol, so normally you need an web
server to publish them.

In kolab there is iRony as web application.

I can confirm you can use dovecot ( instead of cyrus) but is not trivial
and I didn't know much about the compatibility for shared calendars.

The requests I had are mainly regarding contacts ( it depends on the
type of organization you serve) .

So, it is possible but it is not about dovecot alone but it's an entire
ecosystem ( and that's normal). I think implementing webdav directly in
dovecot is somehow reinventing the wheel..