Auto configure email clients from Dovecot?

Davide Marchi danjde at msw.it
Sat Jun 30 20:37:33 EEST 2018

Hi Friends,

I'm using on Debian Jessie, Dovecot 1:2.2.13-12~deb8u3.
I would like to know if is it possible to auto-configure the email
client, for example Thunderbird or K-9 mail.
Essentially I would like to know if is it possible to let dovecot
instruct the mail client about how to auto-configure the email client.

Actually my mail server parameters are not automatically taken from
Thunderbird or K9-Mail.
Is there a way to make this possible? Or am I on a wrong path?

Many many thanks!

Davide
Italy