Disable SIS

Nick Rosier nick+dovecot at bunbun.be
Thu Mar 15 10:37:59 EET 2018

On 14 Mar 2018, 21:06 +0100, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl at libertytrek.org>, wrote:

> On Wed Mar 14 2018 15:17:58 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Nick
> Rosier <nick+dovecot at bunbun.be> wrote:
> > I'm currently running a small home-server with Dovecot. A long time ago
> > I configured it with SIS enabled. I would like to stop using SIS.
> >
> > If I remove sis from mail_attachment_fs will the old mails that are
> > stored in SIS-storage still be accessible?
> > How can I convert all mailboxes to stop using SIS and store attachments
> > back in the mails?
>
> As one who used Dovecot years ago without SIS (it still wasn't well
> baked) but was very interested in it, I'm curious why you want to stop
> using it?

I like experimenting with new technology and I liked the idea of SIS. I still think it is but I really don’t need it for the small mail-server I’m running and it adds a lot of complexity to the setup.
There’s also AFAIK no tools to verify integrity or clean-up the SIS. So I’d like to go back to a simple storage solution.