limit pop login per user and per minute

Markus Eckerl me at stairweb.de
Thu Mar 22 12:21:37 EET 2018

Hi,

like I have written in the subject line I want to limit the pop login
per user and per minute.

Currently I am having several customers which are fetching their email
with popcon (MS Exchange).

This has never been a problem. But... They all have got the same
"technician" which take care of their systems.

The problem is, that he misconfigured the servers of these customers. In
detail: their servers are trying to fetch email every 2 - 5 seconds. For
every email address.

In the past I contacted the technician and told him about his mistake.
He was not very helpful and simply told me that he is doing the same
configuration since several years at all of his customer servers.
Without problems. It is up to me to fix my problem myself.

Well, I googled a lot but all I found is to limit for a specific IP or
for a secific account. Both is not what I am looking for.

Maybe someone can give me a hint?

Thanks and kind regards

Markus

--
stairweb GmbH

Firmensitz: Gutenbergstr. 8, 94036 Passau
Telefon: +49 (0)851 / 20426650
Telefax: +49 (0)851 / 20426655
e-Mail: info at stairweb.de
Internet: www.stairweb.de
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Passau, HRB 6044
Geschäftsführer: Markus Eckerl, Karl Preißler, Alexander Lengl