Quota set-up problems

Marcin Norek marcin.norek at mwmbdg.com
Mon Mar 26 12:34:07 EEST 2018

Hi,

I've recently started using Dovecot as our main mail storage, and it's
performing great. But I have a question/problems with quotas.

First of we are using:

dovecot --version
2.2.32 (dfbe293d4)

Dovecot is a part of a pre set environment (mailcow-dockerized)

Aside the inbox namespace we have set-up an additional archive ns
(Archiwum) like this

namespace Archiwum {
     type = private
     separator = /
     prefix = Archiwum/
     location = maildir:/var/vmail/arch/%n:INDEXPVT=~/Maildir/Archiwum
     subscriptions = yes
     list = yes
     mailbox "Wyslane" {
       auto = subscribe
     }
}

It is on an separate disk array, and works well.

The problem is that this namespace and all its sub mailboxes should have
different quota then the main storage

so the config is like this

   quota = dict:Userquota::proxy::sqlquota
   quota2 = maildir:ns=Archiwum
   quota_rule = Trash:storage=+100%
   quota2_rule = *:ignore

It works.. but not as intender. While mail located directly in the name
space are ignored everything in sub mailbox of the Archiwum is still
accounted to the main quota.

I've been fighting this for some time now and can not find the solution.
So help would be appreciated.

Regards
Marcin