dsync migration from maildir layout=fs to maildir seperator / - folders or inbox but not both

Matt Bryant matt at the-bryants.net
Sun May 13 13:01:01 EEST 2018

Am attempting to bring my mailserver back to home server post house move
and whilst I could use rsync have been trying to get to grips with dsync.

However, I seem to have an issue - my current server specifies
mail_location as

 maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs

and my imapc config on new server is as follows ...

imapc_host = old.mailserver.host
imapc_user = %u
imapc_master_user = master
imapc_password = **********
imapc_features = $imapc_features rfc822.size fetch-headers
imapc_list_prefix = INBOX
imapc_port = 993
imapc_ssl = imaps
imapc_ssl_verify = no

the trouble is if I leave

imapc_list_prefix = INBOX

I get the inbox only - no folders ... If I comment this out delete
maildir on target and  re-run .. I get the folders but no inbox but
folders are in fs layout format rather than being converted to
INBOX.folder.subfolder

bug perhaps ???? or am I doing something wrong ???

src dovecot version 2.0.9
tgt dovecot version 2.2.33.2

Any ideas would be appreciated ...

rgds