Autofile Junk for all users

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Wed May 23 21:21:07 EEST 2018

This is why you should use separate folder for mails under mail_home.
---Aki TuomiDovecot oy
-------- Original message --------From: "@lbutlr" <kremels at kreme.com> Date: 23/05/2018  21:03  (GMT+02:00) To: dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org> Subject: Re: Autofile Junk for all users
On 2018-05-23 (08:17 MDT), André Rodier <andre at rodier.me> wrote:
> Use the default scripts, works well for me.
>
> https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration#Visible_Default_Script
>
> The Dovecot wiki is really helpful, have a look on it ;-)

Excellent, that's exactly what I want.

Question from that page, my users are (almost) all virtual, so what should i put in the sieve = line for the file: and active= fields since they don't really have home folders, just what is in mail_location?

sieve = file:/usr/local/virtual/%u/sieve;active=/usr/local/virtual/%u/.dovecot.sieve

Because it seems that would make this files look like mail folders?

Also, since not all mailers are virtual, I have

mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir

for the local users, so how would i account for both these possible "home" folders?

It's not a big deal right now because I haven't setup roundcube yet for user sieve files, but I'd like to get all the ducks in a row...

--
'It's a lovely morning, lads,' he said. 'I feel like a million dollars.
Don't you?' There was a murmur of reluctant agreement. 'Good,' said