lazy_expuge + mdbox

Matt Bryant matt at the-bryants.net
Thu May 24 04:53:53 EEST 2018

So moving on from earlier issue now looking at converting mail inbox to
mdbox and keeping lazy_expunge as mdbox also .. but again seeing some
wierdness  so questions ....

1) When i purge trash folder I seem to get 2 copies of the message in
.EXPUNGED/Trash folder .. however if I set
lazy_expunge_only_last_instance = yes then dont seem to get ANY copy ..
just nothing.

2) If I go into Trash and delete a message ... then it does not get
moved .. I assume that a delete in Trash is not actually an expunge on
TB and hence does get caught by the plugin.

3) Since mdbox doesnt delte anything anyway until purged would it be
better not to use lazy-expunge but just have a job that moves any
messages in mdbox_deleted: storage to the hidden .EXPUNGED namespace ..
does doveadm move work with mdbox_deleted ???

any help appreciated

rgds

Matt