DMARC policies

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Fri Nov 30 09:21:03 EET 2018

On 11/29/2018 11:13 PM, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It seems we accidentically had a high amount of subscribers temporarily
> disabled due to DMARC on some sender's host. We have now taken actions
> to prevent this in the future and all temporarily disabled members have
> been restored.
>
> Aki

I've seen that happen on several lists.

I disabled DMARC on my mail servers. I really like the concept but way
way way too many false positives.

Mostly lists, but also what sometimes happens - primary MX for
whatever.com is down so mail goes to their backup with then relays it to
their primary when primary back up, but their backup MX obviously isn't
in my SPF record and they have things mis-configured causing a DMARC
trigger.

I like the concept but it seems to have too many problems in implementation.