v2.3.3 rc1 - Error: sieve: !!BUG!!: Binary compiled from dovecot.sieve is still corrupt

James list at xdrv.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 11:43:00 EEST 2018

On 25/09/2018 22:39, Stephan Bosch wrote:

Hello,

> Something mightily weird is going on at your end. It doesn't fail here

This is correct.  I believe there to be a compiler problem.  Removing
optimisation from sieve-binary-code.c gives success.

Thank you to Stephan Bosch for testing this for me and pointing me in
the right direction.

My debugging was confused because dovecot flags are passed to
pigeonhole, eg $DOVECOT_CFLAGS.  This is why the build of dovecot
affects pigeonhole.  Once I removed these I could control the pigeonhole
build and I was able to isolate the problem.

James.