outlook idiocy - IMAP folders with /

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Tue Oct 2 23:30:37 EEST 2018

On 2018-10-02 16:02, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> No, that's not how the listescape plugin works. You can't change the filesystem separator with or without listescape plugin. It's always "." with Maildir++.

This exactly my point. This fact is nowhere stated in the documentation.

I'm actually not talking about the plugin at all. (I'm very sorry that
I've replied to your listescape reply, my bad.)

The documentation only mentions that the separator can be changed by
setting the `separator` option. But it doesn't explain what it actually
does and why one wanted to do so in the first place.

e.g. Someone uses the default. Then changes it to something else. What
happens then? (you answered it already partly - clients might be confused).

But if the filesystem always used the . for Maildir, why would somebody
want to change the separator (without the plugin)?

Cheers,
  K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/