Possible architecture ?

João Paulo Sacchetto Ribeiro Bastos joaopaulosr95 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:41:25 EEST 2018

Hey Alexandre,

You can achieve your idea setting a MySQL instance, for example, in each
one of your servers and also a Dovecot instance in each of them. Then you
can set your `imap.mymaindomain.com` server to be a imap-frontend that
performs a pre-auth step in the correct MySQL and then forwards the request
to the right Dovecot instance that performs the auth again.

Something like this:
- Request arrives in `imap.mymaindomain.com`
- Check if you host the informed domain
- Check then user domain, for example foo at A.com
- Validate user credentials in MySQL.A
- Forward the request to Dovecot.A

Regards,

João Paulo Bastos