vpopmail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Thu Oct 4 15:34:27 EEST 2018

  Quoting Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com>:

> On 03.10.2018 23:30, Eric Broch wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I run Dovecot with the vpopmail driver and have found that it
>> authenticates against the clear text password in the vpopmail
>> database. Is there a configuration option either at compile time, link
>> time, or a setting in one of the configuration files that tells the
>> program to authenticate against the hash instead of the clear text?
>
> Prefix your passwords in vpopmail with {SCHEME} (like,  {CRYPT})
> Aki

Or use SQL -  then you don't have to munge any of your tools.

password_query =
SELECT CONCAT(pw_name, '@', pw_domain) AS user, pw_passwd AS password,
pw_dir as userdb_home, 89 as userdb_uid, 89 as userdb_gid
FROM vpopmail WHERE pw_name = '%n' AND pw_domain = '%d' AND !(pw_gid &
8) AND !(pw_gid & 2) AND ('%r'!='<webserverip>' or !(pw_gid & 4))

pw_gid refers to the the binary vpopmail flags for disable POP, IMAP, Webmail.

Rick