VOLATILEDIR not really used?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 4 16:55:01 EEST 2018

On 4 Oct 2018, at 14.39, Tom Sommer <mail at tomsommer.dk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> According to the docs, setting VOLATILEDIR will improve I/O performance when using NFS - but as far as I can see, only vsize lock-files are put here, and little else?

Right. I think also autoexpunge locking.

> Is this correct, and if so are there any plans to move dotlocks etc. to this directory?

What dotlocks? I guess mbox and Maildir have some locks that could be moved there, but a better performance optimization for those installations would be to switch to sdbox/mdbox. Other than that, I don't remember there being anything important that could be moved there.