VOLATILEDIR not really used?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 5 22:56:40 EEST 2018

On 5 Oct 2018, at 16.42, Tom Sommer <mail at tomsommer.dk <mailto:mail at tomsommer.dk>> wrote:

> On 2018-10-05 11:50, Tom Sommer wrote:
>>> Sure it would be possible, but it's such a low priority for us that I
>>> doubt we'll be implementing it.
>> Might try and look into it myself.
>
> Something like this? See attached.<volatile-dotlock.patch>

Looks like it works. But could you:

1) Add it to github as merge request

2) MAILBOX_LIST_PATH_TYPE_VOLATILEDIR might be useful, but it's kind of a separate change of its own. To simplify, in Maildir code you could have box->list->set->volatile_dir != NULL ? box->list->set->volatile_dir : control_dir. That way it's falling back to control_dir like the previous code when VOLATILEDIR wasn't set.