Submission / Postfix / XCLIENT

Anton Dollmaier antondollmaier at aditsystems.de
Tue Oct 9 13:22:09 EEST 2018

Hi all,

while testing the new Dovecot Submission Proxy feature, which we greatly
appreciate and have been anticipating for a long time, some issues occured.

Dovecot is unable to submit mails via XCLIENT:

< XCLIENT ADDR=185.115.176.12PORT=39074
 > 501 5.5.4 Bad ADDR syntax: 185.115.176.12PORT=39074

Postfix is unable to parse the XCLIENT command from Dovecot submission
proxy, as a space seems to be missing.

After checking the source code, the issue looks easy to fix - at least
to me as a non-Developer.

I created my first pull request for that:

> https://github.com/dovecot/core/pull/90

Would be great to see this merged.

Any additional comments are also appreciated.

Best,
Anton