Ask for little change :)

Teemu Huovila teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi
Fri Oct 12 11:13:00 EEST 2018

On 11.10.2018 14:53, Kamil Jońca wrote:

> Is it possible, that dovecot-lmtp, has in inserted "Received:" header
> something about its version ie.
> instead:
>    n1O7D5Q3v1toSQAApvcrCQ (envelope-from <envelope at from>)
>    for <kjonca at localhost>; Thu, 11 Oct 2018 13:44:20 +0200
>
> would be:
>    id n1O7D5Q3v1toSQAApvcrCQ (envelope-from <envelope at from>)
>    for <kjonca at localhost>; Thu, 11 Oct 2018 13:44:20 +0200
Hello

Even mentioning Dovecot in the Received header was intentionally removed in v2.2.31 with the following comment:
---
v2.2.31 2017-06-26  Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>

        * LMTP: Removed "(Dovecot)" from added Received headers. Some
          installations want to hide it, and there's not really any good reason
          for anyone to have it.
---

In case you have a good reason for this request, we are eager to hear it and we will consider it.
br,
Teemu