doveadm expunge with static users

azurit at pobox.sk azurit at pobox.sk
Thu Oct 18 16:06:43 EEST 2018

>> On 18 October 2018 at 15:49      azurit at pobox.sk wrote:
>>

>>     Hi,
>>

>>     is it possible to use 'doveadm expunge' with static user database? Or
>>     can i, somehow, tell dovecot the directory location where i need to
> do
>>     an expunge? Thank you.
>>

>>     azur
>
>    Works just fine with -u parameter
>    ---
> Aki Tuomi

Ok, so the problem is, probably, in my very specific proxy
configuration. On proxy side, i have this:

passdb {
   driver = static
   args = password=<password_shared_with_IMAP_gateway>
allow_nets=<IP_of_IMAP_gateway>
}

userdb {
   driver = static
   args = home=/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n/home master_user=%u allow_all_users=yes
}

The point is that proxy doesn't have any info about users so i'm able
to manage users only on one place (IMAP gateway). BUT it is possible
for IMAP proxy to get local users based on directory structure in
/var/mail/vhosts/ (it's /var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n/ ). Can i, somehow, get
doveamd commands make work? search, expunge, etc.