Bug: 'noreplicate' database extra field ingnored

Phil gilberthuph at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 07:29:29 EEST 2018

The 'noreplicate' user database field described in the wiki appears to
make no difference as to whether an account gets replicated or not.
My sql user query returns a 'noreplicate' field and I can confirm that
this is getting set using 'doveadm user', however when I add a new
account with noreplicate=true it gets replicated regardless.

User query:
user_query = SELECT home, uid, gid, noreplicate FROM mail_accounts WHERE
address = '%u'

# doveadm user user1 at mydomain.com
field	value
uid	1000
gid	1000
home	/mail/domains/mydomain.com/user1/Maildir
mail	maildir:/mail/domains/mydomain.com/user1/Maildir
noreplicate	t

# 2.3.3 (dcead646b): /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.3 (f018bbab)
# OS: FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p4 amd64
# Hostname: mx
doveadm_password = # hidden, use -P to show it
doveadm_port = 2727
imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail tb-extra-mailbox-sep
listen = *
mail_location = maildir:%h
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate mime foreverypart
extracttext
namespace inbox {
   inbox = yes
   location =
   mailbox Drafts {
     special_use = \Drafts
   }
   mailbox Junk {
     special_use = \Junk
   }
   mailbox Sent {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox Trash {
     special_use = \Trash
   }
   prefix =
}
passdb {
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
plugin {
   mail_replica = tcps:mail2.<mydomain>.com
}
protocols = imap lmtp submission
replication_full_sync_interval = 6 hours
service aggregator {
   fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
     user = vmail
   }
   unix_listener replication-notify {
     user = vmail
   }
}
service auth {
     group = postfix
     mode = 0660
     user = postfix
   }
   unix_listener auth-userdb {
     user = vmail
   }
   user = root
}
service doveadm {
   inet_listener {
     port = 2727
     ssl = yes
   }
}
service imap-login {
   inet_listener imaps {
     address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
     port = 993
   }
   process_limit = 256
   process_min_avail = 6
   service_count = 1
   vsz_limit = 64 M
}
service replicator {
   process_min_avail = 1
   unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
     mode = 0600
     user = vmail
   }
}
ssl = required
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/mail.<mydomain>.com.pem
ssl_client_ca_dir = /etc/ssl/
ssl_client_ca_file = /etc/ssl/cert.pem
ssl_dh = # hidden, use -P to show it
ssl_key = # hidden, use -P to show it
userdb {
   args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
   driver = sql
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol imap {