Problem with envelope from in Pigeonhole after upgrade

David Dodd dave at ci.com.au
Tue Sep 4 06:51:14 EEST 2018

On our FreeBSD 11.2 servers, we recently upgraded from:

dovecot2-2.2.26.0_1
dovecot-pigeonhole-0.4.16_1

to:

dovecot-2.3.2.1
dovecot-pigeonhole-0.5.2_3

Prior to the upgrade the envelope sender was as expected.

After the upgrade, the envelope sender for a user with a sieve script
configured is now being set to:

>From MAILER-DAEMON  Tue Sep 04 13:31:39 2018

The same user without a sieve script in place gets:

>From someone at gmail.com  Tue Sep 04 11:06:04 2018

This happens when manually testing by directly executing:

/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d dgdtst -f someone at gmail.com

It happens with an empty sieve script i.e. just using the implicit keep
functionality.

I have groped around looking for a configuration setting that might fix the
behaviour but nothing I have tried helps.

Can anyone suggest what to set to correct the problem ?

-- Dave