Issue sharing folders with Thunderbird

Jason Perry jason.perry at dtainc.us
Tue Sep 11 03:08:21 EEST 2018

Hi Aki I see what you are saying, and no I don’t believe so.  I’m using typical /etc/passwd for the user db.  I reviewed https://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields <https://wiki.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields> but I’m not clear on how to actually return system_user userdb attribute.

I also have set mail_user_groups = sharedusers in dovecot.conf and then in /etc/group put all the users with mailboxes into the sharedusers group.  I can see why that wouldn’t work if the above is not set.  Can you point me in the right direction on how to pass that information?

Thanks!