How to send mail to mailbox with disabled domain?

Gerald Galster list+dovecot at gcore.biz
Tue Sep 11 21:49:17 EEST 2018

Is this a dovecot problem on your side? dovecot usually accepts mail
from MTA like postfix, so it would be better to remove example1.com from
postfix relaydomains (mailbox domains, alias domains, ...). Then there
is no delivery to dovecot. Most MTAs ignore MX records - if a domain is
configured locally, it gets delivered.

Best regards
Gerald