Dsync deleting mailboxes due to duplicate UIDs

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Sun Sep 16 16:24:31 EEST 2018

Hi Sami,

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, Sami Ketola wrote:

> I have found dsync_hashed_headers setting as a good workaround for
> migrating mails from broken imap servers. As per RFC Message-ID should
> be unique and we have safely used setting
> dsync_hashed_headers=Message-ID to migrate the problematic users away
> from the broken servers.

Just for the record, limiting the dsync_hashed_headers to _just_ the
Message-ID is not a good solution.
Turns out, I also get the situation where Cyrus will happily sent multiple
Message-IDs:

* 797 FETCH (UID 797 BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (Message-ID)] {127}

)
1 OK Completed (0.000 sec)

My workaround now is to just ensure that I run an uneven number of doveadm
backup runs, triggering a full sync of problematic folders.
The uneven runs delete the folders, the even ones transfer...

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, it was a good attempt. ;-)

cheers,
   Andreas