Auth process sometimes stop responding after upgrade

Simone Lazzaris simone.lazzaris at qcom.it
Tue Sep 18 10:44:45 EEST 2018

In data martedì 11 settembre 2018 10:46:30 CEST, Timo Sirainen ha scritto:
> On 11 Sep 2018, at 10.57, Simone Lazzaris <s.lazzaris at interactive.eu> wrote:
> > Sep 11 03:25:55 imap-front4 dovecot: director: Panic: file
> > doveadm-connection.c: line 1097 (doveadm_connection_deinit): assertion
> > failed: (conn->to_ring_sync_abort == NULL) Sep 11 03:25:55 imap-front4
> > dovecot: director: Fatal: master: service(director): child 4395 killed
> > with signal 6 (core dumps disabled)
> It's crashing. Can you get gdb backtrace? First enable core dumps.
> https://dovecot.org/bugreport.html#coredumps
> <https://dovecot.org/bugreport.html#coredumps>

Hi all, again;

I've enabled the core dumps and let it go for some day waiting for the issue to reoccur.

Meantime I've also upgraded the poolmon script, as Sami suggested.

It seems that the upgrade has scared the issue away, because it no longer occurred.

Maybe the problem is related to the way the old poolmon talked to the director daemon?
I'm not very inclined to downgrade poolmon to catch a traceback, but can do if neccessary.

--
*Simone Lazzaris*
*Qcom S.p.A.*

--------