[Sieve] Matches on body content - looking for working example

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Sep 20 23:29:53 EEST 2018

Op 19/09/2018 om 21:54 schreef Adam Raszkiewicz:

> I have tried to do something like
>
> if body :content ["multipart"] :matches ["Original-Message-ID" “*”] {
> set "Original_Message_ID" "${0}"; }
>
> but instead getting Original Message ID I’m getting value from
> previous match which was
>
> if envelope :matches "From" "*" { set "sender" "${0}"; }
>
> Is there any example of working :matches matching-type with body?

I am not sure what you're trying to achieve here, but with the body test
that will definitely not work with match variables:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5173#section-6 :
"Wildcard expressions used with "body" are exempt from the side effects
described in [VARIABLES]. That is, they MUST NOT set match variables
(${1}, ${2}...) to the input values corresponding to wildcard sequences
in the matched pattern."

Instead, the MIME Sieve extensions will likely provide what you need:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5703

Regards,

Stephan.