Sieve and output variable for execute

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Sep 20 23:51:17 EEST 2018

Op 19/09/2018 om 15:07 schreef Adam Raszkiewicz:

> I'm trying to get blow Sieve filter to work
>
> require ["fileinto", "imap4flags", "mailbox", "body", "envelope",
> "vnd.dovecot.pipe", "variables", "vnd.dovecot.execute"];
>
> if envelope :matches "To" "*@*" {
>
>   set "recipient" "${0}";
>
>   set "user" "${1}";
>
>   set "recip_domain" "${2}";
>
> }
>
> if envelope :matches "From" "*" {
>
>   set "sender" "${0}";
>
> }
>
> #Check if recipient is valid user
>
> if execute :output "valid_user" "user-verification" "${recipient}" {
>
>     if string :matches "${valid_user}" "True" {
>
>       if body :raw :contains ["message/notification"] {
>
> setflag "\\Seen";
>
> fileinto :create "Notifications";
>
> stop;
>
>       }
>
>     }
>
> }
>
> Where user-verification is an extprogram which calls API and verify
> user based on email address then returns boolean (as an output to the
> console).
>
> Everything works fine when I will remove if string :matches
> "${valid_user}" "True"statement other way it looks like is not
> recognizing valid_uservariable.
>
> When I pipe valid_user to some script just to capture value for that
> variable it throws an error:
>
> error: specified :args item `True?' is invalid.
>
> Why question mark was added to the variable in this case?

I am not sure what you're doing, but this works here:

# user-verification shell script:
#!/bin/bash

echo -n "False"

# sieve script:
require ["fileinto", "imap4flags", "mailbox", "body", "envelope",
"vnd.dovecot.pipe", "variables", "vnd.dovecot.execute",
"vnd.dovecot.debug"];

if envelope :matches "To" "*" {
   set "recipient" "${0}";
}
if envelope :localpart :matches "To" "*" {
   set "user" "${1}";
}
if envelope :domain :matches "To" "*" {
   set "recip_domain" "${1}";
}

if envelope :matches "From" "*" {
   set "sender" "${0}";
}

#Check if recipient is valid user

if execute :output "valid_user" "user-verification" "${recipient}" {
     if string :matches "${valid_user}" "True" {
         debug_log "TRUE";
     } else {
         debug_log "FALSE";
     }
}

This logs the following in the user log:

frop: line 22: info: DEBUG: TRUE.

If I change the script to print something else, it correctly logs "FALSE".

Did you perhaps forget "-n" for the echo command? In that case "True" is
followed by a newline, which Sieve happily reads and includes in the
variable value.

Regards,

Stephan.