v2.3.3 rc1 - Error: sieve: !!BUG!!: Binary compiled from dovecot.sieve is still corrupt

James list at xdrv.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 13:03:23 EEST 2018

I have a sieve problem with dovecot v2.3.3 rc1 with either of pigeonhole
0.5.2 or 0.5.3.rc1.  The the change that triggers this is in dovecot not
pigeonhole.  Sieve filtering has been working with v2.3.2 and many
earlier versions.

Log report:
Sep 24 10:36:13 mailhost dovecot: [ID 702911 mail.error]
lmtp(user at domain.tld)<15816><RnikKw2wqFvIPQAAs831Jw>: Error: sieve:
!!BUG!!: Binary compiled from /path/to/domain/user/dovecot.sieve is
still corrupt; bailing out and reverting to default delivery

This is a sieve script with a vacation handler.  My other sieve filters
are working.  My actual sieve filter worked before and was written by
Roundcube web mail.  My failing test script is cut-n-paste from the
sieve examples https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Examples so
should not be in doubt.

The text script compiles to dovecot.svbin and newly compiled files are
identical to older versions, the compilation has not changed.

James.