Possible bug - otherwise a public admission of oops

Daniel Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Thu Sep 27 02:21:19 EEST 2018

While trying to identify possible causes of wrong mail folder creation I
did something...bad.

Normally, I would recognize that deleting a mail folder would naturally
delete all the contained mails.  However...somehow my imaginative self
decided that deleting a virtual folder via IMAP would only delete the
virtual folder...and not proceed to delete every referenced email via
the virtual mapping.

So note to self, and possible reminder to others, deleting a virtual
folder via a filesystem command is just tiny bit different than via
IMAP...

Fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency...

--
Daniel